Microsoft unveiled 74 new features for Dynamics 365 in early access as part of its 2019 release wave 2 last week. Some of the updates to the product line of services in recent days include new capacity-related settings for Power BI, support for 39 more languages for Customer Service Insights, and Dynamics NAV being integrated with Business Central as a more modular solution.
Now, the tech giant has rolled out a new update to Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation (PSA). For those unaware, the application enables organizations to deliver project-based services with better and more efficient planning and management.
The latest update bumps PSA to version 22.214.171.124 and brings performance upgrades, improvements to its quality, and usability enhancements in the form of bug fixes. The following list showcases these fixes, divided based on the sections in which they've been applied.
- Time and Expense
- Fixed: Importing time entry from resource bookings only imports time entry for the start time date.
- Fixed: On initial load of time entry grid control, clicking on a row check box doesn’t work.
- Fixed: When window width is reduced, the grid width is not resized to account for the check mark column.
- Fixed: Selecting a submitted row and clicking delete should not remove the row.
- Fixed: Approve recall requests failures for journalline attribute msdyn_transactionorigin1.msdyn_transaction.
- Project Management
- Fixed: Project Approval fails at IsUserApprover.
- Fixed: Tracking view numbers for planned cost are incorrect for tasks that are manually scheduled on the WBS.
- Fixed: ResourceAssignmentCalculatorEquallyDivide generates negative hour values for effort contours in an assignment.
- Fixed: Custom control TS build does not properly replace constants with their values.
- Fixed: Quote and Opportunity line form repeats name of record twice in form title.
- Fixed: Approve recall requests failures for journal line attribute.
- Fixed: Associated view for actuals on the project contract must show actuals of any transaction class.
This update is compatible with all releases in Dynamics 365 version 9, and can be downloaded by visiting the solutions page in the Admin Center for Dynamics 365 online. Notably, a minor update has also been rolled out for PSA legacy channel 2.x, which includes a single bug fix. However, Microsoft has reminded customers of the fact that legacy versions of both Field Service and PSA solutions will reach end of life in February next year. Those who want to upgrade before the deadline can do so through the help of this quick start guide.