Microsoft is releasing a new build for Xbox Insider Program users in the Preview Alpha Skip Ahead ring today. Today’s build (19031.1205.191122-1500) is part of version 2004 (also known as 20H1) that the Skip Ahead subset of users has been testing which will be released in April 2020.
The release today brings with it a bunch of fixes, including a fix for the problem where users faced playback buffering issues when streaming content from Disney+. While the issue with Dolby Atmos audio/video sync is resolved for Disney+ content, an issue related to Dolby Atmos audio is still listed as a known issue.
Here’s what is fixed in today’s build:
- Fixed an issue where users experienced playback buffering issues while watching content.
- Users should no longer see audio/video sync issue with Dolby Atmos enabled.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Here are the known issues for today’s build that one should be aware of:
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Users have reported that the dashboard is unresponsive to controller input on boot.
- Workaround: Perform a hard restart of the console (hold the power button for 5-10 seconds) to resolve the issue.
- Users may see the images for ads on the dashboard looking cropped or cutoff.
- Some users have reported that 3D display mode is not working with supported content.
Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
While Xbox releases mimic that of Windows 10 in that there are two major releases, it will be interesting to see what the release schedule will be for these major updates. Though today’s build number closely resembles that of the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Ring 20H1 build, the PC release is said to be moving to a December/June release with 20H1 nearly finalized for that release timeframe. However, Xbox version 2004 is not due until April 2020.