The Grand Theft Auto franchise hasn't seen a new entry since 2013, but Grand Theft Auto V's online aspects have proven to be quite lucrative for Rockstar Games. Now, a membership program, GTA+, is being introduced to Grand Theft Auto Online on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 consoles, offering players access to in-game benefits and exclusive rewards.
Every month, 500,000 of GTA$ cash will be delivered to GTA+ members, while special access to various properties across Los Santos, vehicle upgrades, discounts, and bonuses mission rewards are included too. It seems apart from the in-game cash infusion, Rockstar will be changing what members receive every month.
Here's what is coming during the first month of access in April:
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
In addition, GTA+ players looking to add even more funds to their in-game account using Shark Cards will find bonus cash coming to them when purchasing them from the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store. Member benefits also extend to in-game companies, but players will need to login and claim these every month before they expire.
GTA+ membership goes active starting March 29, and it will cost players $5.99 per month to be a part of it. Any Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5 player with a copy of Grand Theft Auto V or the standalone Grand Theft Auto Online can enter the membership. At least for now, the PC version is not a part of the program.