mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
Changes in mIRC 7.46:
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.2h and PCRE 8.39 libraries.
- Fixed /timer -h high resolution timer bug.
- Extended $calc() to return more digits in floating point calculations.
- Fixed Clear History bug that incorrectly cleared channels list settings.
- Changed the way files are updated to decrease the potential for file loss.
- Extended URL hotlink/extract feature to handle IPv6 addresses.
- Fixed $base() bug with floating point precision.
- Fixed script error not showing line number for single-line event definitions.
- Added resize grip to bottom right of resizable dialogs.
- Fixed regex bug when \K is used in some regex patterns.
- Fixed /drawline -p when used with text that contains tab characters.
- For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file.