Following in the footsteps of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex's beta launch into the Windows Store - the first time a game in the Forza franchise has been released for PC - a content update is now available, bringing fixes for several issues that affected stability and performance of the game.
On the release date of the game, Turn 10 - the developer studio behind the title - detailed a long list of known issues that would impact your gameplay. With this update, that list hasn't become much shorter, as it contains only a handful of fixes:
- VSync can now be disabled (must be running Windows 10 build 10586.318 and your game must match your screen resolution settings)
- Multiple stability and performance improvements: mainly aimed at AMD devices, although they cover a wide range of configurations
- Events in Showcase Tour and Spotlight Series have had a few gameplay and objective modifications
- Integration between the game and the companion app, Forza Hub, has been improved
- The process of redeeming the free Nissan GT-R bonus car has been improved
- Spotlight Series events expiration times are now shown in local time
- Total number of medals available in Spotlight Series now only takes active events into account
Even though VSync can now be disabled, the studio noted that the FPS (frames-per-second) is still capped at 60FPS. Support for 144Hz monitors is also not available at this time.
Source: Forza Motorsport Forums