Intel today has released its latest DCH display driver bringing the version up to 126.96.36.19966. The driver fixes glitches related to graphics rendering in a few titles like Cyberpunk 2077, although the company has noted the game is still not playable as according to its internal testing, Intel's Iris Xe graphics only gets around 20fps. So it is safe to assume that the slower UHD Graphics will struggle even more.
It also resolves some display problems on 8K monitors and issues related to Multi-Stream Transport (MST) or Daisy Chaining. There are also a few fixes for video playback issues. The list of bugs fixed in this release are:
- Minor graphic anomalies seen on main character during character creation in Cyberpunk 2077 (DX12).
- Minor graphic anomalies seen on floor when graphics quality is set to High in Valorant.
- Minor graphic anomalies seen in Battlefield I (DX11) and Valheim(Vulkan) (loading screen).
- Black squares seen after cutscenes with Video Quality Profile set to High in Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Vulkan).
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Cyberpunk 2077 (DX12), Ridge Racer Unbounded, StarCraft 2, Horizon Zero Dawn (DX12).
- Lag observed while playing a 4K/2K/ Full HD video in 8K60 Tiled mode with application window maximized.
- Video freezes and lags when playing movie in Movies and TV application and zooming in / out by double clicks.
- Video will freeze when exit from full screen to small window during video playback.
- Green color corruption observed while rotating media playback.
- MST side monitors will not display after unplug DP switch side monitor and plug to MST side.
- Fourth display cannot light on in second screen only mode when four displays are connected via DP in daisy chain.
- 8K monitor keeps blinking in extend mode/ 2nd only mode.
- Video will show lag or garbage observed in full screen mode with 8K monitor connected.
- 8K monitor is inactive after upgrade to latest graphics driver.
- Half display may blank out when rebooting with 4K single Tiled display connected via Display Port.
Below is a list of the issues that are yet to be resolved:
- Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Dirt 5 (DX12), Shadowman Remastered (Vulkan), Shadow of the Tomb Raider (DX11) on Intel® Iris® Xe and Intel® Iris® X e Max graphics.
- Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (DX12), Need for Speed: Payback, Doom Eternal (Vulkan) on Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
- Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Marvel’s Avengers (DX12), Red Dead Redemption 2 (Vulkan), World of Warcraft Shadowlands (DX12), Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (during ALT + ENTER) on Intel® Iris® X e Max graphics.
- Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint (DX11), Metro Exodus (DX12) when changing graphics settings, Destiny 2 (with anti-cheat enabled).
- Minor graphic anomalies may be observed in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (DX12), Dirt 5 (DX12), Baldur’s Gate 3 (Vulkan), Forza Horizon 4 (DX12), Hitman 2 (DX12), Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint (DX11), Watch Dogs: Legion (DX12), FIFA 21 (during ALT + TAB), 3DMark: FireStrike on Intel® Iris® Xe and Intel® Iris® X e Max graphics.
- Minor graphic anomalies may be observed in Far Cry: New Dawn when starting from a saved file, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 when playing video on Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
- Minor graphic anomalies may be observed in Control* (DX12), Horizon Zero Dawn (DX12), Metro Exodus (DX12), Red Dead Redemption 2 (Vulkan) on Intel® Iris® Xe Max graphics.
Curiously, it seems that the majority of the unresolved issues are on Intel's Iris Xe graphics.
In terms of compatibility, there are no major changes here. You'll need a 6th-generation Intel Core processor or newer, or related Celeron and Pentium processors with Intel HD Graphics 500 and higher. The driver is also compatible with Iris Xe-based graphics, be it integrated or dedicated. Software-wise, the driver will work with any version of Windows 10 starting with version 1709.
To download the 188.8.131.5266 driver, head over to Intel's official website here. As usual, the display driver package contains the graphics driver, the Intel Graphics Command Center, audio drivers, and more.