The free updates to Frontier Development's Planet Coaster just keep on coming, following April's Spring Update, the developer has now announced the Summer Update. The new trailer showcasing the brand new upcoming addition of fireworks to the game is seen above.
The developer says that the fireworks implementation will have the "most detailed fireworks simulation ever created for a videogame". Players will be able to design firework displays using a Display Sequencer, with the ability to trigger them with other events that occur in the park, as well as be able to "choreograph them to custom music".
Moreover, customizable wall panels and screens will now allow players to upload their own images and video content onto their parks.
Other highlights of the features included in the Summer update are as follows:
- Iron Claw. Feel the G-force with this classic pendulum ride, popular in parks around the world.
- Blackout. This swinging ship ride is a coaster park classic, flipping park guests upside down with an inverting loop.
- Sky Watcher. A stunning ultramodern observation platform forged from glass and steel with a rotating cabin offering panoramic views. A perfect centerpiece for any modern park.
- Gnarler. An all-modern train running on wooden supports will let your guests ride rough wooden tracks in comfort and style.
- Viper One. Two 66 meter supports elevate and inline roll at each end for a truly terrifying multi-launch coaster.
- Power Up. This compact coaster with a vertical inverting chainlift is designed for small-scale parks where land is tight, making for a short but exhilarating ride.
- De-Gen. A 21st century train on a traditional looping track brings a coaster classic up to date.
- Bolt. An old-school coaster train makes for a rugged ride on a modern boomerang track.
- Miss Elly's Diner, Goldmine Tower and Starship Hangar. Test your management skills with three new challenges.
- Stars and Stripes Scenery Pack. Celebrate the Fourth of July with inflatables, flags, bunting, hats and confetti in glorious red, white and blue!
As always, players will be able to upload and download custom content via the Steam Workshop, which now boasts over 120,000 community creations per the developer.
The Planet Coaster Summer Update will be available on June 27 for all owners of the game, free of charge.