Ubisoft is celebrating autumn with a store-wide sale on its published games as well as a giveaway, which this time is a copy of Far Cry 3. PC gamers can add the free copy to their Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) library through the rest of the week.
Developed by Ubisoft Montreal and released in 2012, Far Cry 3 takes players to a tropical archipelago for a wild open-world experience. Players will be fighting against the insane pirate inhabitants and the wildlife to survive while using a variety of weapons and character upgrades.
The storyline follows Jason Brody, a vacation goer at the island whose friends are kidnapped by the iconic villain Vaas and his pirate troop. Interestingly, the classic freebie arrives just when the next mainline entry, Far Cry 6, is around the corner, where Vaas is actually a DLC protagonist.
Here are the minimum requirements:
- Supported OS: Windows® 7 / Windows® 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo E6700 or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 6000+ or better
- RAM: 4 GB or better recommended
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
- Hard Drive Space: 15 GB
- Multiplayer: 512 Kbps or faster broadband connection
The Far Cry 3 giveaway is slated to run through September 10, and it can be claimed by heading here. All that's required to claim it is a Ubisoft account. Meanwhile, the autumn sale on the store will last until September 22, with all the deals available to catch here.