Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.
For the second week in a row, we kick off things by bringing attention to multiple giveaways that are going on right now.
EA has now decided to jump into the fray and offer up its life-simulator title The Sims 4 for free through its Origin client. This is the complete base game, giving you the opportunity to raise generations of Sims in houses you've built. However, as usual for the series, there's a mountain of DLC available to purchase that adds many other features and aspects. The Sims 4 giveaway is slated to end on May 28, giving you a few days more to grab yourself a copy.
Also, due to Epic's new giveaway schedule on its store, you can now claim a free game a week instead of every two weeks. The adventure puzzle game RiME can now be had for the low, low price of free if you're willing to sign up for an Epic Games Store account. This giveaway will run its course until May 30, with City of Brass taking its place then. Also, Stories Untold from last week is still available as a freebie on the store if you missed it.
Lastly, if you're quick, there's a Humble Store giveaway available for the indie road trip title Jalopy that's ending soon. This freebie is a DRM-free copy, however, after claiming the game you can choose to purchase a Steam key for $1.
After a rather lengthy break, we have a new games bundle to highlight. The Humble tinyBuild Bundle offers ten games from the publisher, split into three tiers.
To get copies of SpeedRunners, Punch Club, The Final Station, and Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor, you can put down a single dollar. Adding Hello Neighbor, Cluster Truck, Streets of Rogue, and Party Hard (plus its High Crimes DLC), to that will set you back the bundle's average buying price, which is around $7.30.
And finally, if you opt for the final tier, you can pay $13 to receive Party Hard 2 and Graveyard Keeper. All of the games from previous tiers are included as well.
Just like last year, Steam is hosting a "Spring Cleaning Event" that's encouraging you to have a go at playing new titles as well as games that are collecting dust in your backlog in exchange for a profile badge. Seven well-known games have gone free-to-play just for this weekend as part of the festivities:
- Assetto Corsa
- Black Desert Online
- Dead By Daylight
- Don't Starve Together
- Endless Space 2
- Grim Dawn
- Left 4 Dead 2
There are some other games having free events this weekend too, but they aren't part the above spring event. The biggest of the bunch is Blizzard's Overwatch. The class-based shooter is free-to-play until May 28 via the Battle.net launcher celebrating its anniversary, with the full game available for you to try out.
Meanwhile also on Steam, the multiplayer 2D fighting game Nighogg 2 is having a free weekend, where the objective is to reach the opposite end of the level while not letting your opponent pass you. Then there's a Steam free weekend for Son of a Witch, a rogue-like that puts up to four players through procedurally generated dungeons filled with monsters and bosses.
Many of the store promotions from last week are still going on, from Green Man Gaming's Birthday Sale and Humble's Spring Sale to the Epic Mega Sale. Even the MAY10 discount code of Fanatical is still running, giving an additional 10% off from most games.
Here are the big deals we've highlighted from what's on sale this weekend:
- DiRT Rally 2.0 – $29.99 on Steam
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey – $25.80 on GreenManGaming
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden – $20.99 on Steam
- Deep Rock Galactic - Early Access – $20.09 on Steam
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion – $19.99 on Steam
- World War Z – $19.99 on The Epic Store
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – $16.49 on Fanatical
- Assassin's Creed Origins – $15.48 on GreenManGaming
- XCOM 2 – $14.99 on Steam
- Ancestors Legacy – $13.90 on GameBillet
- Sunset Overdrive – $13.60 on WinGameStore
- Endless Space 2 – $13.59 on Steam
- Thief Simulator – $13.39 on Steam
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate – $11.99 on Steam
- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – $11.59 on WinGameStore
- GRIS – $11.38 on Steam
- Worms W.M.D – $10.19 on Steam
- Anno 2205 – $9.99 on Steam
- Moonlighter – $9.99 on Microsoft Store
- Assetto Corsa – $9.99 on Steam
- Dead by Daylight – $9.99 on Steam
- Assassin's Creed III Remastered – $9.99 on Steam
- Rainbow Six Siege – $9.45 on GreenManGaming
- Everspace - Ultimate Edition – $8.75 on GamesPlanet
- Inside – $7.99 on Humble Store
- Grim Dawn – $7.49 on Steam
- Mortal Kombat XL – $7.49 on Fanatical
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue – $6.59 on Steam
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition – $6.25 on GamesPlanet
- Tacoma – $5.99 on Microsoft Store
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition – $5.99 on GamesPlanet
- Don't Starve Together – $5.99 on Steam
- The Settlers: Rise of an Empire - History Edition – $5.99 on Steam
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 – $4.99 on Steam
- Anno 2070 – $4.99 on Steam
- Black Desert Online – $4.99 on Steam
- Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens – $4.99 on Fanatical
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season – $4.99 on The Epic Store
- Bayonetta – $4.77 on GamesPlanet UK
- Nidhogg 2 – $4.49 on Steam
- 60 Seconds! – $3.99 on Steam
- Beyond Good and Evil – $2.92 on GreenManGaming
- Anno 1404 Dawn of Discovery – $2.49 on Steam
- FlatOut 2 – $2.49 on Steam
- Left 4 Dead 2 – $2.49 on Steam
- Perception – $1.99 on Steam
- The Sims 4 – $0 on Origin
- RiME – $0 on The Epic Store
- Stories Untold – $0 on The Epic Store
Now, with all those out of the way, let's have a look at the DRM-free deals that we picked from the games that are discounted this weekend.
- Tokyo 42 - $11.99 on GOG
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator - $10.99 on GOG
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - $9.99 on GOG
- Dead In Vinland - $9.99 on GOG
- Furi - $8.99 on GOG
- Little Nightmares - $5.99 on GOG
- Saints Row 2 - $4.99 on GOG
- Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition - $4.99 on GOG
- The Suffering - $4.99 on GOG
- Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $3.74 on GOG
- Unepic - $3.49 on GOG
- Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far - $2.99 on GOG
- Close Combat 3: The Russian Front - $2.99 on GOG
- F.E.A.R. Platinum - $2.49 on GOG
- Risen - $2.49 on GOG
- Leisure Suit Larry - $2.49 on GOG
- Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 - $1.49 on GOG
- Regions Of Ruin - $1.19 on GOG
- Jalopy - $0 on Humble Store
Keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals could vary depending on the region.
And that is it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals folks, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint not to break the bank adding new games to your ever-growing backlogs. Of course, there is an enormous amount of other deals ready and waiting all over the interwebs if you comb through it hard enough, so keep your eyes open for those, and have a fantastic weekend.