Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 9860 and if you haven't downloaded it yet, here is how you can do so. And once you have that build installed, you will soon see the new animations that occur when you open and close a window.
While some will enjoy the eye candy, we know that others will want to turn it off; if you haven't seen the animation yet, you can view it here. If you do want to turn off these animations, follow the steps below.
- Right mouse click on the Start button.
- Click System.
- On the left side, click 'Advanced system settings'
- On the advanced tab, click 'settings' in the 'performance' box.
- On the 'Visual Effects' tab inside the box, locate the second item, 'Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing', and untick that box.
- Click 'Apply' and close the window.
This will remove the new animation and if there are any other animations or visual elements in the OS that you do not like, this is the area where you can disable those features.
We have been covering all of the new features that shipped with the latest build of Windows 10, 9860. If you happen to find something that we have not covered yet, make sure to send us a tip. Or, if you are having issues with your install, you can get help in our forums here.